No-Contact Orders Can Be Modified


          Sometimes when a man is arrested for the crime of domestic battery in Palm Beach County Florida, the judge who sets his bond orders him to have no contact with the alleged victim (which is usually the man's wife or girlfriend).  Often the judge enters such a "no-contact" order without first getting any input from the wife or girlfriend because she is not present in court when the judge enters the no-contact order.  Later, when the woman finds out that she is not permitted to have any contact at all with her husband or boyfriend, she seeks advice from an attorney regarding whether or not there is a way for her to legally have contact with her husband or boyfriend.  When presented with such a situation, the course of action that I typically pursue as a Florida assault and battery attorney is to get a court date as soon as possible for my client so that I can ask the judge to modify the no-contact order to state that the man can move back into his home with his wife or girlfriend as long as he does not touch or strike her in an unwarranted manner.  If the judge grants my request and modifies the original no-contact order, my client is able to immediately move back into his home with his wife or girlfriend.

Share This Blog


Call Now: (561) 832-4348

* Required Fields
Your Information Is Safe With Us

We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your questions or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Follow Us On

400 Clematis St. Suite 206, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Questions or Schedule An Appointment? Click to Call (561) 832-4348
Leave Us a Review
Read Our Reviews
© Copyrights 2022. Florida Criminal Lawyer. All Rights Reserved.
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram