Frequently, potential clients come to my office asking if I can help them get their driver’s license unsuspended. The first thing I tell them is that I will need to see their Florida driving record because it is that document which will tell me whether or not they are eligible to obtain a valid driver’s license.
Sometimes, a person’s driver’s license is suspended for a period of several years because of DUI convictions or because of multiple convictions for driving with a suspended license. In other cases, the client’s license is suspended in Florida because it was previously suspended in another state. In that case, it is necessary to first get the client’s license unsuspended in the other state before attempting to get it unsuspended in Florida.
There are many other scenarios that result in the suspension of a person’s driver’s license. With some work, however, it is often possible for a lawyer to help the client get his license back.
More on Driver’s License Laws and Offenses
- Traffic Stop | How Long Can the Police Hold You?
- Person Wrongfully Convicted of Trying to Obtain a Florida ID Card Using a False Name
- How Can You Prevent Your Driver’s License from Being Suspended if You Were Arrested for DUI in Palm Beach, Florida?
- How Do You Get Your Driver’s License Back After Refusing to Take a Breath or Urine Test in Palm Beach Florida?
- Suspended License Law Amended
- 11 Crimes that Will Cause Your Driver’s License to be Suspended in Florida
- DUI and Driver’s License Suspensions
- Suspension of Your Driver’s License in Drug Cases
- Suspension of Your Driver’s License in a DUI Case