If you refuse to take a breath or urine test in Palm Beach Florida, your driver's license will be suspended for 1 year if it is your first refusal and for 18 months if you have previously refused.
In order to apply for a hardship license so that you can do such things as drive back and forth to work or go to a doctor's appointment, you must do the following things:
- Provide proof of enrollment in a DUI school to the Administrative Reviews Office.
- If the Administrative Reviews Office approves your request for a hardship license, you must present written approval from that office to the driver's license office.
However, you cannot get a hardship license if you have refused to take a breath or urine test two or more times.
If you decide to wait to get a regular driver's license after your revocation period ends, then you have to either provide proof of enrollment in DUI school or else completion of DUI school at the driver's license office.
Finally, at the time you are applying for either a hardship license or a regular license, you must do the following:
- Take a required examination.
- Pay an Administrative fee.
- Pay a suspension reinstatement fee.
- Pay any license fee that is required.
- If you have been convicted of DUI, you must show proof that you have bodily injury liability insurance.
If you have been charged with DUI or are simply under investigation for DUI, call me at 561-832-4348.