If you have been arrested for domestic battery, you may be able to get that charge dropped if you complete a 24-week domestic violence counseling course. Some of the things that you may (or may not) be required to do as part of your program include:
1. Getting substance abuse treatment;
2. Getting a mental health evaluation;
3. Going to anger management classes;
4. Having no contact (or at least no violent contact) with the alleged victim in your case;
5. Not drinking any alcohol or taking any illegal drugs.
If you do these things, your case will be dropped. If you don't do them, you will automatically have a domestic battery conviction on your record.
If you have a domestic violence case in West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Belle Glade, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Jupiter, Lake Park, Lake Worth, Lantana, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Springs, Riviera Beach, Royal Palm Beach, or Wellington, call me, attorney Ron Chapman, at 561-832-4348 to discuss your case and see how I might be able to help you.