DUI roadblocks are legal in Palm Beach County, Florida but only if the police do certain things that they are required by law to do such as:
1. Have written guidelines that cover in detail the procedures which they are to follow at the scene of a roadblock. Such guidelines should prevent the police from stopping cars at random.
2. The police should provide proper lighting and sufficient warning on the roadway in advance of the stop so as to reduce the threat of your being startled.
3. Police officers should wear uniforms so that they are easily identifiable.
4. The length of time that you are detained at a roadblock should be kept to a minimum.
5. The degree of intrusion should also be kept to a minimum.
If you have been arrested for DUI in West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Belle Glade, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Jupiter, Lake Park, Lake Worth, Lantana, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Springs, Riviera Beach, Royal Palm Beach, or Wellington, call me, attorney Ron Chapman, at 561-832-4348 to discuss your case and see how I might be able to help you.