1. You have never been adjudicated guilty of a crime as an adult.
2. You have never been adjudicated delinquent of a crime as a minor.
3. You have not obtained a prior sealing of a criminal record.
4. You have not obtained a prior expunction of a felony unless you are trying to expunge a felony that has been sealed for at least 10 years.
5. You are no longer under a court's supervision for the felony that you are trying to get expunged.
6. You have to pay the Florida Department of Law Enforcement $75 to process your application to expunge your felony.
7. You have to provide the Florida Department of Law Enforcement with a certified copy of the final disposition of your felony. For example, was adjudication withheld, were charges dropped, etc.
8. If adjudication was withheld, was it for the crime of lewd or lascivious battery, trafficking in marijuana, trafficking in cocaine, or aggravated battery? If it was for one of those crimes, you will not be able to get your felony record expunged.
If you have a felony record that you would like to get expunged in Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, St. Lucie County, Martin County, Palm Beach County, Broward County, or Miami-Dade County, call me, attorney Ronald Chapman, at 561-832-4348 to discuss your case.